SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#261321 - 04/10/09 06:22 PM "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I would like thank everyone for their thoughts and well wishes during a very stressful few days. A special thanks to those who took the time to call and speak to me personally, as well as with Bill, (Cass, Gary, Jim H and Russ). For those of you who do not know, I am grateful to say, the stress test was wrong!!!! My heart is 100%. All I can say is if they were confused as to why I could stay on the treadmill for so long with what they originally saw, wait until next time. I'll have that machine smoking! Thanks again!

Patty Corfield

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#261322 - 04/10/09 07:47 PM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
zuki Offline

You're very welcome Bill. Happy that all is well. There is nothing more precious than good health

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#261323 - 04/10/09 08:24 PM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
You're welcome, Patty ... We are happy everything turned out so well ...

I once had a false positive during a nuclear stress test ... and during the test I actually saw on the 'monitor' what I figured was a bad sign ... follow up catheterization proved everything was clear ... heart doc said I would get run over by a bus before having a heart attack ... hope he is right 'cause I am steering clear of buses ...
They said the false positive could have been the result of slight movement on my part during the test ...

God Bless,

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 04-10-2009).]

#261324 - 04/11/09 08:06 AM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Patty
I am very happy for you and know the relief you must feel. I have such a test scheduled in June and never have heard of false positives. Your experience has educated me. Here's to your good health.
Eddie

#261325 - 04/11/09 12:30 PM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Eddie,

I've got to tell you, I've been a registered nurse for 11 years and have almost completed my degree in advanced practice. I'd never heard of a stress test showing as a false positive. Would have been nice if someone had shared that with me. The second cardiologist walked in the room after looking at my original stress test and said he expected to see someone in their late 60's early 70's. They said my muscle just must have spasmed at that particular time, but my heart is 100%.

Really wanted to say, you can't feel a thing, honestly. Burns a little when they give you the numbing medication, lidocaine. But I already knew that from my profession. That sensation lasted a entire second. They reassured me the most painful part of this entire experience was going to be between the time I was told I had to have it and the time I actually did have it done. They were right. Good luck. Any questions, please ask.

FYI, I also shattered my radius last July and had a plate and screws put in my arm without general anesthesia. Just a nerve block and some Versad. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Didn't feel a thing.

"Patty"
------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 04-11-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 04-11-2009).]

#261326 - 04/12/09 04:40 PM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Patty -

It was my honor to speak with you and Bill regarding your recent scare. I know how important the SZ was in supporting me during my cardiac arrest. And my wife was the angel who saved me and nursed me back to health. As Bill speaks about you and your family, I must presume that you are as precious to him as anything in the world. Anything I could do to help your understanding or ease your anxiety was certainly the least I could do.

God bless, and pass it forward.
Happy Easter.

#261327 - 04/13/09 03:56 PM Re: "Thank you's" from Patty Corfield...
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
glad to hear that you're ok and no medical
care is needed. stay well and hope to hear bill play in the future.

dave

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online